Nova Scotia Counties
Nova Scotia Archives
Nova Scotia Biographies
Nova Scotia Cemetery Records
Nova Scotia Census Records
Nova Scotia Church Records
Nova Scotia Court Records
Nova Scotia Directories
Nova Scotia Genealogy Societies
Nova Scotia Home Pages
Nova Scotia Immigration Records
Nova Scotia Indian Tribes
Nova Scotia Land and Maps
Nova Scotia Mailing Lists
Nova Scotia Military Records
Nova Scotia Newspapers
Nova Scotia Obituaries
Nova Scotia Online Books
Nova Scotia Vital Records
Free Genealogy Forms
Family Group Chart
New Genealogy Data
Family Tree Search
Genealogy Books For Sale
Track Your Diet
FREE Web Site Hosting at
Ministers and Churches in the Saltsprings District
The first minister of St. Luke's Church, Saltsprings,
was the Rev. Donald McIntosh. He was followed by the Rev. Hugh
McLeod, from 1833 to 1844. For seven years the church was vacant.
The other ministers in order of induction were: Revs. A. Maclean,
D.D., 1851-1857; Alexander McKay, 1859-1867; William McMillan
1868-1876; James Fitzpatrick 1879-1891; Alexander Roulston
1892-1898; A. H. Denoon 1899-1908; Wm. F. Burns 1909-1913.
In. 1845, twenty families went out from St. Luke's Church and were
organized into a Free Church of Scotland. The following year .they
began the erection of Ebenezer Church. In 1859 Rev. Alex. Sutherland
became minister of the united congregations of Bethel Church,
Scotsburn and Ebenezer Church. He was followed by the Rev. Alex.
Stirling, 1871, Rev. J. A. Cairns 1887, Rev.
Thos. Cumming, 1889. In 1908 St. Luke's and Ebenezer churches were
formerly united. The present pastor is Rev. A. T. Macdonald.
From 1845 to 1896 West Branch River John was part of the Earltown
congregation. In 1896 it was united to St. George's Church, River
John. It became a separate charge in 1910 under the Rev. Thomas
Johnstone who remained two years. The Rev. C. J. Maclnnes, B.A.,
present pastor was inducted March 3, 1913.
Pictonians at Home and Abroad, 1914